Re: Supercharged LBC

To: mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu, madamson@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: Supercharged LBC
From: Littlesuzn <Littlesuzn@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 18:04:56 EST
In a message dated 98-01-05 17:38:44 EST, mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu writes:

<< I hate to show my general automotive ignorance, but can someone explain to
me the
 difference between superchargers, blowers, and turbo units?  I'd like to know
so I
 don't make a similar mistake in the future... >>

Superchargers-suck ~~~~~the air/fuel mixture in from the earth by a positive
drive (gear, belt or direct) off the crankshaft and compress it into the ports
where it then goes into the combustion chamber etc...........

Turbos-blow ~~~~air into the carb (or f.i. system) which then pushes it into
the combustion chamber etc.......... it is driven off exhaust gas pressure
which turns a rotor, hooked up to a vane and blows the air into the carb.

The supercharger sucks the mixture, turbos blows the mixture.
A supercharger is located after the fuel and air mix.
A turbocharger is located before the air and fuel mix.
A blower is another name for a supercharger.

"Midget" Susan