Re: Dashpot Oil

To: ninab@scoresheet.com
Subject: Re: Dashpot Oil
From: mgbob@juno.com (ROBERT G. HOWARD)
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 1998 22:08:18 EST
  There are a couple of tins of the stuff around my workshop. It's
electric motor oil, by the way, not necessarily the thing for internal
combustion engines.  I never use the stuff (should dispose of the cans)
because it always seems to be gummy in the spout when I have used it.
Seems to me that if it gums in the can, it would do something worse in
real use.  I note that the fellows who service the furnace boiler's
burner lubricate it with SAE 10-30 engine oil.
Bob