RE: 79 B ignition switch woes

To: mgs <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: 79 B ignition switch woes
From: "REICHLE, CHRISTOPHER" <CREICHLE@nsc.msmail.miami.edu>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 09:44:00 -0800 (PST)
You can replace just the switch or the switch and key as a unit. the switch
is relatively easy tpo replace. The key requires cutting slots in the two
twist off style bolts that hold it to the column. I think there is a
replacement available from vicky brit with a slightly different wiring
scheme. Your lucky, the switch is cheaper than the key and there is a remote
possibility that you can clean out the switch with some contact cleaner.
When the key goes you just cannot insert your key into the ignition and your
stuck. You may also check some shops that may have an oem switch still in
stock.

 Chris Reichle
creichle@nsc.msmail.miami.edu