Mnaual Choke Theft Deterrence

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Mnaual Choke Theft Deterrence
From: Bob MGT <BobMGT@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 23:35:25 EST
In a message dated 1/7/98 3:07:39 AM !!!First Boot!!!, MGMagnette@AOL.COM
writes:

> The crime infested, largest city in NH, is Manchester, which had a grand
> total
>  of TWO murders last year.  THATS A 100% INCREASE OVER THE PREVIOUS YEAR!
> What
>  is this world coming to...
>     Anyway, I left my keys in the MGB-GT once, just once, while I was at
>  school.  Ofcourse two teenagers noticed.  They stole it, but luckily an MG
> has
>  the worlds best anti-theft system... An MG can break down at will.  That
was
>  exactly what mine did.  Stolen at 10 am and back at home by 3 pm.  Not bad,
>  Manchester City Cops.  Quick work considereing they had that murder to
>  investigate last year.
>
>       John

They must have stolen it while the engine was still warm, cause I bet they
never
heard of a manual choke. A cold engine and a manual choke are probably a
good theft deterrent system, at least against the younger generation of
thieves.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336