Tube Shocks

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tube Shocks
From: Murray Arundell <marundel@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 09:13:22 +1100 (EST)
To further confuse matters I once had a Spax Telescopic (tube) conversion
fitted to a 69 B that I owned.  Frankly it wasn't worth the trouble and
expense of getting it sent from the UK (to Australia).  My expirience has
been that the best all round set up the for the B is to fit Koni telescopic
shocks to the rear and leave the front leaver arms in place.  It is possible
to have these modified to increase resistance by around 5%.

I have done this to my BGT-V8 and together with uprated front springs (5%)
and a Ron Hopkinson Sway Bar Kit (worth weight in gold!!) the improvement is
fantastic.  One thing though is to not fall into the trap of stiffening up
the rear springs.  All that will do is have you becoming part of the
roadside scenery the minute it rains!!!

Cheers,

Murray Arundell - Brisbane Oz