Shocks as travel stops

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Shocks as travel stops
From: Bill Eastman <william.eastman@medtronic.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 16:52:26 -0600
Telescopic shocks are the travel stop on virtualy every leaf spring solid
axle car made in America.  I had an international Scout (great little
truck, by the way) where I snapped both bottom eyelets off after some
exhuberant off roading but the shocks still worked.  I would guess that the
axle straps on MG's are due to the limitations imposed by the lever shocks
and that you could actually eliminate them with tube shocks.

Disclaimer-  I haven't tried this and some shocks may be different YMMV.
Look both ways before crossing the street Yada Yada Yada

MGA's and MGB's use the same rear shocks, don't they?  Would the 40.00
conversion work on an A?  Also, I use a 50/50 mix of 20 wt shock oil and
20W50 in my shocks-  20W50 is much thicker than straight 20w at normal
temps.

Regards,
Bill Eastman
61 MGA
Four telescopic shock, three of which hold oil