Re: A Question About Sales Slips

To: palte@rt.el.utwente.nl (Bert Palte)
Subject: Re: A Question About Sales Slips
From: Nory@webtv.net (Nory)
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 12:59:28 -0500
Bert,

In the USA you should always have the car's registration in the vehicle.
The proof of ownership (ie the title, bill of sale, etc.) is not
necessary, and you don't have to be the owner of the car.  I think a lot
of people just keep this stuff in the car so they don't lose it.  Those
companies probably did it as a filing system to keep track of the
paperwork for each car.

Hey, I'm thinking of keeping my birth certificate and the deed to the
house in there, so I know where I can find them easily!  (tough to
replace when you misplace them)

-NORY
Don't assume that because you have found one problem, you have found the
ONLY problem.

 '74 Midget & '71 parts car
 '94 Ford Ranger
 '86 Ford Escort