Brk Fluid Converstion/MG etc.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Brk Fluid Converstion/MG etc.
From: Williams/MG Guy <mgguyc100@newedge.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 14:51:56 -0700 (MST)
Happy New Year listers!

Having lurked about for a couple of months, I thought I'd step forward with
a question, and a comment or two...

I'm in the process of removing the engine for the OD conversion, and will be
stripping out the engine bay for a re-do, in particular - where brake fluid
lifted the fresh paint after a brief episode during the restoration some 10
years ago...

As I don't wish to re-re-do this underbonnet project, I'm thinking about
converting to silcone fluid. Question is this: How do I go about cleaning
out the brake/clutch systems after draining to prepare for the silcone fluid?

Subject change: Christmas presented me with two new additions to my MG
library. Aspects of Abingdon/Marcham Rhode's ode to the factory is superb.
Highly recommended. Also, MG Survival Guide/Jim Tyler - even after reading
practically every MG resto book - this one's got some good stuff....

Musically speaking, some weeks ago someone mentioned the song 'Montego Bay'
("...keys to the MG will be in his hand...")but wasn't sure of the artist -
that'll be Bobby  Bloom, who passed away about a decade ago... I also recall
reading on this list of a song by Monkee Peter Tork's solo album project of
some time ago called "MGB GT"...I wasn't aware of this fact about another
song called "MGBGT", which came from from Philip Raby, Editor of MG World....

"It's by Richard Thompson on the album Mirror Blue (1992). Great album,
but not one of his best songs. (sniparoo) If you've not heard any Richard
Thompson, I'd recommend you check him out. David Byrne (Talking Heads)
described him as too clever for his own good....."

Altho it's not specifically MG, I always applied Todd Rundgren's "Little Red
Lights" from the Something/Anything album, circa 1971 to my BGT, based on
the lyric,

"...But once I hit the open road I'll be sailing off and on my own..You and
me in my GT/With those little red lights in front of me..."

Never really understood the little red lights..but loved the quote from
Rundgren on the liner notes under the title, "A song about the joys and
hazards of driving.."!

Oh, for an open road right about now...

Final news...off to an estate auction tomorrow AM to check out a '68
roadster...oh noooooo

Cheers from the ice-encrusted Atlantic coast of Canada..

Terry Williams
'70 BGT
'68 roadster