diff, shocks, etc... follow up

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: diff, shocks, etc... follow up
From: Andy Ramm <aramm@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 10:34:51 -0800
Hi list,

This weekend I did my differential swap along with new springs, shocks,
bushings and mounting hardware on my '67 BGT.  Here is the result:

Diff..  NO MORE WHINE!  NO MORE CLUNK!  NO MORE OIL LEAK! YESSSSS!!!!
I'm so happy, I can actually drive the car now and not be deaf when I
get out.  Thanks to John Bartholomew for trading with me so I could get
this diff.

Shocks...  I installed the Colt Shocks per the Dave Tietz's method.
Though the Roadhandler Performance shocks are a bit stiff, I'd have to
say that they seem ideal for the car, much smoother and well controlled
compared to the Moss kit and they install in about 15 minutes for the
pair!  They're also much more controlled than stock levers and they
don't squeak like my levers did.  The whole back end is much quieter and
I can actually hear the exhaust note now. :>

On the whole, I'm entirely pleased with the way this went.  No major
hangups except the stuck axle nut (I cut it out with a chisel :O ).
Everything went back together perfectly.  Thanks to all who sent advice
to me during this process, I couldn't have done it without you!

Cheers,

Andy Ramm
'67 B GT
'69 B
'72 B
--

Andy Ramm
A silver face in a tweed world.

By US Code Title 47, Sec.227(a)(2)(B), Sec.227(b)(1)(C) and
Sec.227(b)(3)(C), it is unlawful to send any unsolicited advertisement
to this equipment.  A violation of the aforementioned Section is
punishable by action to recover actual monetary loss, or $500, whichever
is greater, for each violation.