Alternator output

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Alternator output
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner7@pilot.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 15:24:21 +0000
All this talk about alternators has got me wondering.  What do the
stock Lucas alternators put out, particularly for a '72?  My
Volkswagen Jetta had an 85 amp model as standard equipment, but I'm
getting the impression that's on the high end of normal.  I did use
a Heavy-Duty Cadillac alternator for an autosound application once,
and we could pull 120 amps off of it at idle!  But considering it was
from an Eldorado with the towing package, that might not be too
excessive.
Scott