Re: Hanging vs. inverted oil filter for MGBs

To: mg list <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Hanging vs. inverted oil filter for MGBs
From: "Scott C. Williams" <bb@odsys.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 07:56:30 +0500
On 13-Jan-98, Trevor Boicey wrote:
>The oil filter housing I am having trouble with is
>one of the inverted ones which are apparently very bad designs
>anyways due to drainage.

>  Is the "better" hanging oil filter head interchangeable? Can
>it be bolted to the same block and same oil cooler hoses and
>run just like that?

>  If I can't straighten my filter head, I might as well get
>the other kind. It's cheaper and better for the engine if
>it works.

>  Thanks in advance.

Hi Trevor,

I can talk about both designs, since my MGB runs the topside one and my Marina
runs the bottom design. The oil connection on the adaptor is on different
sides for the two designs. It isn't a problem with the Marina, since there is
no oil cooler, I can switch back and forth with two different external pipes.
But with an oil cooler setup, you have to find different pipes.

Good Luck
Scott
--
Scott C. Williams