Those rotten 'Mercan cars and POR 15

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Those rotten 'Mercan cars and POR 15
From: Ray McCrary <spook01@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 09:33:27 -0600
Hey guys....

Remember a short while back when many of you were pontificating about how
the older (and newer) American cars were so much juck, and the Euro cars
were of such preeminence?

Now I find that all the people in the Northern areas are leaving the fun
mobiles at home and taking "the back-up car", (usually an old rust catcher
USmobile) to work because the funmobile won't start, or the heater isn't
warm enough.   The only exceptions seem to be those hardy enough to want to
freeze their butts off to make a point, or those who have no choice in the
matter.

Just an observation upon my return from a flight into Montreal (a frozen
hell if ever there was one) where I noticed herds of US type cars and some
Japmobiles, but not very many EEC sleds.

Now to the POR 15......

I used the POR 15 on several projects as a base coat underneath the car
and/or on the frame.  Works great/lasts a long time but....prolonged
exposure to UV destroys it, so make sure that it gets top coated.  Also, be
sure that it is spread evenly and thinly.  Too much, and it dries with
embedded bubbles in the coating; it's hard to sand off to repair.

Adios,

and Kudos to my fleet of Ford airport cars that seem to start and run no
matter what the weather and no matter how long they have been left in the
employee lot!  ('Course there was that one in Newyorkcity that had the
sunvisors stolen out of it.....how desperate do you have to be to steal
sunvisors??!!??)

Tweak mode *off*

Ray