Re: patching rust holes? (Long)

To: ISC@dcsi.net
Subject: Re: patching rust holes? (Long)
From: karim.marouf@cancom.com
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 8:05:39 -0800
Jim,

I've never understood the old dictum that you should check the door
gaps to determine if there's any serious structural rust=2E Even on rust-fr=
ee
 MGBs, I rarely see ones with proper door gaps; however, it seems
 to me that this is usually not caused by serious rust but only improperly
adjusted door hinges=2E

Just about every MGB coupe I've seen here in L=2EA=2E has rust in the dogle=
gs=20
and
front fenders, but I've never seen one with rust in the rockers=2E It seems=
=20
that
the rust inevitably forms in those areas because there are no drainage=20
holes,
but that the rest of the rocker panel is not affected=2E

Is that a wrong assessment? Does the rust in the doglegs mean that there is=
=20
also
rust in the inner rockers, even though it is not visible on the outer=20
rocker?

Karim
'67 B-GT and GT6