Re: MG keeps quitting -Reply

To: bwylie@hiwaay.net
Subject: Re: MG keeps quitting -Reply
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 21:07:41 EST
Blake,
  Don't rule out the fuel pump just yet. True most of the time they
either work or don't.
  BUT-
  There is that other 1%.  One very good possibility is a worn or
sticking check valve in the pump. Another related check would be for
foreign matter blocking/partly blocking a check valve.
  Too, you could have a leaky diaphram in the pump.
 Electrically, the pump points could be sticking and/or the pump
condenser is bad.
  While checking the pump, you might want to consider installing a filter
on the inlet side of the pump.  Dirt and crud are powerful enemies of
Lucas pumps.
  It sounds like youve just about eliminated everything else it could be,
with one exception.  Have you checked the line between the pump and the
carbys. A partial obstuction could produce your symptoms.

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget