Re: Battery Drain???

To: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Subject: Re: Battery Drain???
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 23:29:09 -0500
Mike, it does but it's in milliamps which might stress the meter a bit
much.  Try to get a working ammeter somewhere.  The easist way is to whip
down to the neighborhood wrecking yard and pull one from any useful car.
They all work the same way.  Get one from a European car as they might be
marked in amounts of amperes.  Watch that you don't get a voltmeter which
is what most American cars have used for many years now.  There is nothing
wrong with a voltmeter but it won't do what you want.

On the back of the ammeter will be two connections.  Hook it in series with
the circuit you are trying to check.  If the needle moves the wrong way (to
charge instead of discharge) simply reverse the connections.

Good luck.  I've got the same problem with my TR7 but it'll have to wait
until spring.

John McEwen