Re: Got my B - Question's on Engine

To: Teacher122@aol.com
Subject: Re: Got my B - Question's on Engine
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner7@pilot.infi.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 01:28:53 +0000
> From:          Teacher122 <Teacher122@aol.com>
> Date:          Thu, 15 Jan 1998 22:59:23 EST
> To:            DAltman@novations.com, mgs@autox.team.net
> Subject:       Re: Got my B - Question's on Engine

> In a message dated 98-01-15 16:41:57 EST, DAltman@novations.com writes:
>
> << I plan on rebuilding the whole engine down to the block.  The
>  cylinders can be bored out by a local guy, but should I send the heads
>  out to be done by someone?  Any recommendations?
>
>       I'm going to start stripping it down this weekend.
>   >>
> David,
>
> Get the heads magnafluxed prior to rebuilding.  Mine had three cracks!
>
> Tom Green

Tom's right.  I'd go one step farther and have the crank and block
magnafluxed as well.  They're usually trouble-free, but it's a cheap
test and will keep you from dropping big money on parts you'll end up
throwing away.  The last thing you want to do is bore and hone the
block, deck it and install new cam bearings, and then find out it's
not useful for much more than a planter or anchor.
Scott