Beer Pilgrimage (off topic)

To: "MgList CARS" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Beer Pilgrimage (off topic)
From: bradleys <bradleys@vdn.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 98 11:13:53 -0800
Dear Mg Listers, Chris Nevard (the other CAMRA Member), and all of you
lovers of British Ale,

I don't know squat about German Beer.  The real British Ale is so good, I
don't wish to explore anything else, anywhere else.  In fact, my plans
are in the works for 1999, a CAMRA approved pub crawling, CAMRA approved
dining and Inn staying, MG spotting,  Pilgrimage to Britain!  I'll try to
visit and stay at enough low ceilinged pubs and Inns to keep my history
minded wife happy.

Now our challenge is to find  some designated drivers, who know the
territory, to ferry us from watering hole to castle to watering hole.  In
past visits to Britian, I've had enough driving without the benefit of a
pint to attempt it after a few pints, especially around the rounabouts.
What fun it will be to visit places like the "Blue Anchor" (listed as the
oldest pub in England), step up to the plank and ask the barman for a
pint of "Old Growler", "Mordue Workie Ticket", or "Phoenix Wobbly Bob".
(Was the brewer of the latter a transplanted Arizonian?)

We're also members of the Octagon Car Club and, if we're lucky, we may be
able to attend a Noggin' 'n Natter with some of the Octabods.

If any of you gentlemen or ladies have a suggestion for a
not-to-be-missed favorite spot of yours, drop a line, please.

Neil "Sure I'll have another" Bradley
The only CAMRA member in Northern California