Re: cleaning plastic lenses

To: William Zehring <zehrinwa@umdnj.edu>
Subject: Re: cleaning plastic lenses
From: Carol <car@intersatx.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 09:56:21 -0800
Aha!! The bi-monthly topic of how to shine up plastic.... I was waitin' on
this query (or one just like it) to proffer my newly-found information...

All the info I had stored over the last 2 years was lost with my hard
drive, so I'm starting my beefy archives from scratch. Bummer.

I was in a picture framing shop the other day and this bottle of "stuff"
jumped out at me. I immediately thought of my list-family and started
writing down the pertinent information:

Novus Plastic Polish No. 2
Item #PC-20

Novus Inc.
Minneapolis, MN
1-800-548-6872 (for dealer nearest you)

Price was $13.50 for about 8 oz.

There was a Novus Plastic Polish No. 1,  too' (Clever naming, don't you
think??) but it sounded more like Rain-X from the uses listed on the label.

The Novus No.2 mentioned convertible windows, lenses, and any other type of
plastic. The product was sitting in the middle of a passle of acrylic
items, if that's any help.

>From previous discussions here, I don't think there was a consensus on any
one product "doing the job well." Even toothpaste has been mentioned as a
polish. I'm sure you'll receive other input from other "family" members.
Let us know what works!

Carol