Tickford quality control

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tickford quality control
From: Steve Phillips <sjp@hpuerca.atl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 11:51:19 -0500
Just thought I would pass along to this august company my
experiences with trying to get a Tickford top from Moss,
My kudos for a great job go to Stu at Moss and to Lamar and
Tom at Atlanta Imported Auto Parts, my darts for a poor job
go to whoever does quality control at Tickford.

My wife ordered my a nice Tickford Top from AIAP for a Christmas
present, she ordered that instead of Amco etc cuz she figured I wanted
the pre-installed header bar, snaps etc. She knows I tried this
top install thing on an Alfa Duetto I once had and it wasnt the most
successful installation I had.
I opened the top on Christmas Day and spread it out on the floor and
noticed a cut on one of the rear windows, and saw that whoever assembled
it had tried to glue the cut together (it looked like an oversnip from trying
to cut the window out).
She had purchased the top from Lamar at AIAP, so I called him, took the
top back and ordered a replacement. That came, and not only was it the
wrong top but one rear side window was about 1/2 off where the other one
was. Poor quality there too! I called Stu at Moss, who very nicely went
and pulled a top out of inventory, inspected it with me on the phone,
and snt that selfsame top to AIAP. I put it on this weekend and it
fits fine.
Moral of the story? I've heard lots of good things since then about
AMCO tops etc and lots of negative things about Tickford, has anyone
else seen this issue???

Steve (drove it in the rain today and stayed dry!)Phillips