Tandem Master Cylinder

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tandem Master Cylinder
From: "Berrie Watson (ADM)" <bwatson@bayflash.stpt.usf.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 15:27:57 -0500 (EST)
I have recently had a brake fluid leak, and am installing a new master
cylinder- the tandem type.  It has a front and rear pump section, and it
seems that the front section controls the front brakes, and the back
section controls the rear.  My question, or problem is that the front
section pushes alot of fluid, but the rear hardly pushes any at all.  I am
having a problem understanding how there could be equal pressure all round
with this dual setup, unless the front and back push the same amount of
liquid.  Is this correct and I have a bad unit, or do I not understand??
This is my daily driver, which I drive 50 miles round trip a day.....

Any suggestions would be very appreciated... octagonally yours..

71 MGBGT

                                Berrie C. Watson
                                Assistant in Campus Computing
                                USF St. Petersburg Campus