FW: MG 2001(long)

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: FW: MG 2001(long)
From: George Merryweather <georgem1@top2.ficnet.net.tw>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 07:55:31 +0800

2001.....I think that if you make it clear, right up front, that there =
will be no individual show, not a problem.  If some one want to go to =
win an award/trophy, then they can go 'next' year as well.  My =
perspective is somewhat mixed.  I have 2 A's.  One looks a bit rough, =
but runs like clock, a fast clock.  Been to GT's around the country and =
Indy.  We live (lived?) in Dallas.  (long story)  The second A runs =
well, and looks good.  Took First place in the 1600 class and NAMGAR =
GT-22.  The next GT?  I will drive it.  'Drive', that is the point of =
the events from my point of view.  The camraderie, the BS, the beer, =
etc.  Will I be upset if I don't get to try for an award?  Nope!  And my =
wife will be happy that she wouldn't have to polish the wire wheels.  =
Actually, you wouldn't need to tell me in advance about the awards, but =
I think some folks would take their show cars, on a trailer per chance, =
for just such a reason.  They would cause a fuss if you didn't let them =
know.  Putting all of the A's together, or chrome bumpers, or...makes =
for some great photo opportunities, but an award?  No big deal.

Well, you did ask for an opinion.

George Merryweather