Composites cont.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Composites cont.
From: Darren_Jameson@illinova.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 07:47:02 -0600
That was a very interesting post regarding the link to the composite leaf
springs.  Maybe if I can scrape the money together...
There is also a company in Huntington Beach, CA that makes composite
driveshafts.  I don't have the article handy at the moment, but I can post
more info if I get any responses.
You wouldn't believe the benefits that are realised from this product.  The
only snag is that the driveshafts start at $500.00.
I can't attest to their durability, but I'm sure that most of our LBC's
don't put 150bph to the ground, (You V8 guys stay off this one!)
What's next?  Superconducting plug wires?  Hi-tech ceramics?
-Darren Jameson
'66B (with 2-6V batteries converted to negative ground)