Re: Clunk in front end? (new a-arms didn't help much) -Reply

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Clunk in front end? (new a-arms didn't help much) -Reply
From: Kenneth Scott <KSCOTT@HOLYCROSS.EDU>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 13:43:32 -0500
Scott,
        The front member is what the springs, shocks etc are
mounted on.  It curves down toward the center.  The unibody
is attached to the front member on both sides along this
downward slope.  This is all from memory as my car is in no
position to see now.  I'm one of those wimps who puts the
car up for Winter because I hate salt on my baby.  If you
follow along the front member from the springs to the center
at some point you will see some large bolts.  Here is where
you should look.
Hope this helps.
Ken Scott
77 MGB