Re: Allen Humour (waaay off topic and getting farther)

To: simon_matthews@avanticorp.com
Subject: Re: Allen Humour (waaay off topic and getting farther)
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 17:08:08 EST

On Thu, 22 Jan 1998 10:50:02 -0800 Simon Matthews
<simon_matthews@avanticorp.com> writes:
>Rick, the whole intro with Diana Rigg is tacked on.

 Which goes to prove that even we get something right once in a while

>Also the closing credits with the stupid cartoons are a totally American
invention.

Then again, not all the time

>In Britain, the TV stations assume that people can remember what
>happened in last week's episode, so there is usually no need to remind
viewers
>who the characters are and what the plot is.

Probably a carry-over from commercial TV, where the  mentality of the
assumed average veiwer is exceeded only by the mean intelegence level of
the pets in the household
(sly way of getting in the obligatory cat thread)

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget