WIPER BLADES

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: WIPER BLADES
From: ric_bergstrom@juno.com (Richard L. Bergstrom)
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 21:06:43 -0500

>>>I've never really had trouble getting wipers, because I just assumed
I would HAVE to order them from one of the Brit-car catalogs.  I
never even tried Wal-Mart or Pep Boys.  Does anyone know of a more
"mainstream" car that uses the same blade as the MGB?
Scott<<<<

I just cut the refills down and they work fine.  Just dimple the ends so
that the ruber piece won't slide.  Buy them the right length so you can
cut 2 for one and you'll have a cheap supply.

through?  If it's flaked off, then the black is probably paint, and
you may be able to use a chemical stripper on the arms to remove it.
If it has simply worn through, it may be an anodized part, in which
case the underlying finish might not be chrome, and you might not be
too happy with it once you got all of the black off.<<<<

The black is due to fed regs about glare off the wiper arms.

Strip it with paint stripper and polish it.

If it is anodized sand it of with fine sandpaper until the anodizing is
off then polish with simichrome or something similar.  Plan on having to
redo this regularly.

You can also do the windshield uprights this way but it is lots of work
and will require repolishing often.

I did this to a honda motorcyle frame...it was just gorgeous when
polished...deeper than chrome.
I used S100 corrosion sealer to keep it looking good.  You can get it at
a good motorcycle shop.

Ric Bergstrom
Richmond, VA
1973 Midget  1275                   '88 240 Volvo            '92 F150
1974 Midget  1275  (currently in many little boxes)
Central Virginia MG Classics