Re: Touch-Up Paint

To: DANIEL RAY <danray@bluegrass.net>
Subject: Re: Touch-Up Paint
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 1998 20:05:28 +0000
DANIEL RAY wrote:

> I've seen lots of discussion on paints and primers and prep, but haven't
>noticed anything on the simple touch-up. Well, I need some touch-up paint,
>since
a ful
> Any experience with the Moss touch ups? As my questions of a few weeks ago
>have been answered, I'm sure my B is Blaze, but not so comfortable that the
>Moss pai
> TIA
> Dan
> '73 Blaze B

Moss UK (as does the MGOC) sells touch up in brush-cans as well as spray.  I
have
to say I have found the colour matching - and I am talking about two tins of
the
same colour bought at the same time - to be poor.

Since Tahiti Blue is a current colour again conventional motor shops sell it
and
I have found it more consistent and a good match with the car.

I had the Black Tulip roadster painted seven years ago and still have a
nearly-full litre tin of paint that was left over.  It gets opened up a couple
of
times a year, is still liquid although a little thicker that it was, and is a
perfect match, of course.  The secret?  Every time I put the lid back on I turn
the tin upside down to form a paint seal aound the opening.

PaulH.