Re: Not in Canada eh?, Pity....

To: Ross MacPherson <arm@bc.sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: Not in Canada eh?, Pity....
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 13:59:54 -0500
Hi Ross:

Of course you can count me on the Canuck list. Perhaps we should mention
that there are over 30 million of us.

I wonder if anyone overseas has grasped the fact that the MGF probably
cannot be sold in North America because it isn't environmentally friendly
or because it cannot pass crash standards set over here?  Perhaps it's
because BMW is unwilling to spend the money to have it certified or perhaps
knows that it can't be certified without substantial modification. Europe
doesn't seem to worry as much about the environment or safety. OTOH, it
might be because Rover made such a mess of its previous attempts to make
and sell cars for a North American market.  Thrice bitten - forever shy?

John