Re: MGB Front Wheel Bearings

To: singhla@mbox3.singnet.com.sg
Subject: Re: MGB Front Wheel Bearings
From: miker15@juno.com (michael j robson)
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 22:53:49 EST
On Sun, 25 Jan 1998 23:35:22 +0800 "Lenny A. Singh"
<singhla@mbox3.singnet.com.sg> writes:
>Hi MG Listers,
>
>I have a 1970 MGB GT out here in tropical Singapore.
>Does any body out there have a set of new bearings that they can cross
>reference for the appropriate numbers.  Any help would be much
>appreciated.
>
>Lenny A. Singh
>
>1948 MG Y
>1970 MGB GT
>1972 Ausin 1300GT
>1974 Mini Clubman

Im afraid that i do not have the numbers for the bearings you need
however im sure somebody on the list - especially the commercial listers
will get them for you.
Your post did interest me from another angle however since it struck me
that you are probably a very rare breed  - a British car fan in Singapore
- if you have the time Lenny im sure the list would be interested in what
its like pursuing our hobby in your neck of the woods, I have never been
to Singapore but a friend of mine who visits frequently told me that even
the most basic of Japanese cars is $40-50,000 and that anti pollution
requirements are the most stringent in the world.- how does that affect
you?
We have listers from all over the world contributing regularly but mostly
from english speaking countries, It would be fascinating to hear a
completely different perspective.

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT