Overdrive Transmission

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Overdrive Transmission
From: Tom Buchanan <buchanan@preferred.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 19:47:05 -0500
I need the list's help!

The Story:

  Before Christmas, I located an MGB-GT in a local MG cemetery with an
overdrive transmission in it. I wrote the guy a check for it (and steering
colume switch, cowling, etc). I then ordered from England (many thanks to
John Ruse) the parts neeeded to rebuild the transmission and electrical
overdrive unit. Last week the parts arrived.

  I now have been waiting for the guy at the junk yard to take the
transmission out  and call me to pick it up. Since I was waiting for the
re-build parts to get here I didn't concern myself with the guy at the
junkyard. I noticed the guy has never cashed my check, and now needing the
transmission, I gave him a call.

  As it turned out, even though the car was equiped with the cowling AND
switch, the transmission was NOT an overdrive transmission! DAMN!!
Evidently, the person who had this car had replaced a dead overdrive tranny
with a regular 4 speed!

  So, as you can see, I need a overdrive transmission rather badly!
Anybody? Anybody out there??

Tom Buchanan
buchanan@preferred.com
http://pages.preferred.com/~buchanan/mg.html