Re: Thre Point Seatbelts for the MGA

To: dcdccccckc@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: Thre Point Seatbelts for the MGA
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 11:20:17 -0600
On Tue, 27 Jan 1998 10:38:50 -0600 Dean Crowley
<dcdccccckc@worldnet.att.net> writes:
>I am about to receive my new three point seat belts for Scarbourough
>Faire. I have been wondering how I am going to use those. I have all
>the
>hardware install including the bolts on behind the seats. HOW DO YOU
>USE
>THE SEATBELT WITHOUT HAVING TO DISCONNECT IT EACH TIME YOU WANT TO PUT
>
>UP THE TOP?    Am I missing something. The belt will be in the
>way of
>the top wont it. Is their a quick disconnect or what. Any ideas from
>someone that has these belts.

Dean:-

DON'T PANIC (at least not yet).

If you have installed the proper hardware, which you did if you purchased
it from Clarke Spares, take a close look at the anchor that fits to the
outside of the seats on the floor.  There should be a link pin
arrangement-- a pin that goes through the fitting with a "keeper"
cotter-type clip on the other side.

When you put the top up and down you have to release this pin, which will
release the outside seatbelt anchor.  This allows you to rethread the
safety belt through or out of the top bow arrangement, depending upon
which direction you are going.  This, of course, is a pain.  But only one
of a series of procedures that make you want to never raise the top on
your MGA and results in thoughts like "I can just outrun this rain, it
will end soon."

If you don't have the link pin on your outside anchors, PANIC!  Unless
you get the proper hardware, you will have to unscrew an anchor to
perform this procedure.

Good luck, and let me know how it turns out.

David Littlefield
Houston, TX
'62 MGA MkII
'51 MGTD
'88 Jaguar XJ-S

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]