RE: Bearings - Help! Now to the LIST!...No, you didn't miss the first po

To: "'Skip Kelsey'" <kelsey@value.net>, "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Bearings - Help! Now to the LIST!...No, you didn't miss the first post, it was private)
From: DANIEL RAY <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 1998 17:17:14 -0600
Figured I'd get this thread on the list as well, (read the thread below) =
any confirmations on the bearings/seals I've got (PO bought them)?=20

Thanks Skip
OK, except I don't have a Bentley manual yet!=20
I'll figure that out though, maybe someone on the list can scan or copy =
the page and send it to me.
Now, are those shims gonna be special order??? Or will I be able to find =
the right size at a local store?
I've decided I'm going to do the brake job in 2 stages:=20
First weekend do the rear -- that's where the system is leaking, so =
hopefully that will get the car driveable, at least enough to go =
downtown and get the car registered.
Second weekend the front, which looks in good order other than the =
pitted rotors. This is the more complex job anyway. And like I said, I =
want to do it right and the whole bearings and shims thing is uncharted =
water for me. This is the first Disc Brake job for me...My experience is =
VW Bugs! (all drums)
Two stages is better for me, since I've got to do this job at the post =
Auto Craft Shop -- I'm paying by the hour for a bay, and it adds up!

Dan
'73 MGB