Tuneups; Was Re: Apologies to the list, like forever? (No LBC content)

To: "michael j robson" <miker15@juno.com>
Subject: Tuneups; Was Re: Apologies to the list, like forever? (No LBC content)
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 98 13:00:56 -0500
On 1/30/98 10:47 PM so and so  michael j robson said. (And I quote)

I have a 96 Neon and a "regular 30,000 mile check up" cost nearly $400.
Your $700 tune and fix is probably right. HORRORS!!!. The big issue is
the $40 - $50/ hour labor. For something we can do in a couple of hours,
they have have to charge for the time it takes to hook up the computer to
diagnose the problem, read the read out, then make the fix. New SMOG
resistant cars.

Larry Macy
78 Midget