Early 5 Main MGB Pistons

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Early 5 Main MGB Pistons
From: "Richard A. Boris" <borisri@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 1998 02:00:05 +0100
Hi Everyone:

Need some help with a planned rebuild of a 66B 5 main engine. The
cylinder walls have approx 0.001 wear on the thrust side. Several years
ago I bought a set of NOS AE COVMO standard 17358/PEP pistons. The
question I have is what does the term PEP mean? I have been told that
these PEP pistions were manufactured with a larger diameter to
accommodate slighty worn cylinder bores. The packing box specifies that
the pistions are sized for 3.1595 Type 4 Austin. Can anyone explain how
to/ and what to tell the engine rebuilder on how to fit these pistons.

                                                        Thanks: Rich Boris, 67B
Roadster