Re: Comment on newer cars: (was: Re: Sinking feeling about Internet (No

To: John McEwen <mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca>
Subject: Re: Comment on newer cars: (was: Re: Sinking feeling about Internet (No LBC))
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 1998 04:47:35 -0500
John McEwen wrote:

> Hi Mike:
>
> You might ask your modern car friends how many of their much-vaunted LJCs
> from 1974 still even exist or if anyone gives a damn about them.  Other
> than a few Z cars, I can't think of a single collectable Japanese car from
> the '70s.  Maybe a few RX7s but they're still ugly.  There were certainly
> no Toyotas of note.

  There are lots around here.

  Frankly though, toyota's of the 1970s are still in the "junker" phase,
before the cars become old enough to start to have appeal again.

  1970s LBCs are collectable because they aren't really 1970s cars,
they are anachronisms than are really 60s cars sold past their prime.
The
styling and technology is 60s at best, so they look vintage today even
beside cars that were sold the same year.

  Give it time where you are. That time is already here in many parts
of the world, there are some BEAUTIFUL early Celicas and such driving
around here in fully restored shape.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada