Re: Convertible Top Seal strips for 1960 MGA

To: bk996@freenet.carleton.ca (Eric R. Stephen)
Subject: Re: Convertible Top Seal strips for 1960 MGA
From: jello@dns.ida.net (Phil Bates)
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 23:08:31 -0700
You big silly, there is no top seal for the MGA.  It is part of the top
material itself.  The front strip comes down over the front of the
windshield to keep water out.  No foam rubber, or anything like that, just
everflex on a piece of ash wood.  Of course they will not list or sell one!

>***********************************
>Just received VB's Winter Special catalog (WS.16).  On page 6, they list
>convertible top seals for MGB and MGC, no MGA!!  Speaking with one of the
>sales reps and he tells me that no MGA saeals are available, although both
>the manufacturers names "Robbins" and "Crown" were mentioned.  Does anyone
>have an email/www address for either (or both) of these companies?
>TIA,
>
>Eric (still iced in in Ottawa, Canada)
>
>--
>         ' ' '          Great is the truth and mighty above all things;
>      (  o   o )        It endureth and is always strong;
><---ooO---(_)---Ooo---> It liveth and conquereth for ever more.
>1960 MGA Roadster       The more thou searchest, the more thou shalt marvel.

Phil Bates
58 MGA
66 Citroen DS21 Manual Pallas
67 MGB