Re: Tappet Cover Reinforcement

To: boballen@sky.net
Subject: Re: Tappet Cover Reinforcement
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 11:36:21 EST
On Thu, 05 Feb 1998 08:04:52 -0600 Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
writes:

, I observed that there seemed to be enough tension to hold the cover to
the head.
>It was the rolled lip at the bottom  that prevented the
>cork from laying flat. During installation I would invariably cock some
>part  and it would slide away leaving a gap. For that, I took 4 of
>the smallest  screws I could find, drilled holes  and screwed in place.
Again, the  sealer was
>applied liberally to the lip of the  cover. The screws were only about
>1/8 inch long and did not go through
"They may be ribbed for her but I bought 'em so I turned them inside
out."

Bob - are you sure this isnt an article you wrote about Monica
Lewinsky??????
 - all i did was remove a few words, nothing added  - honest!!!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]