Re: MGF impressions/What is a sports car

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: MGF impressions/What is a sports car
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 1998 10:15:32 -0800
On 3/2/98 10:52 pm eldman, Jack (Jack) said

>       Here's where the flames come in. I wasn't impressed at all. In my book
>it might just as well been a Miata. Too civilized for my taste. Too many
>nice accessories. This leads to the second issue. What is a sports car?

Umm, well besides the traditional two-seats-no-top-limited-gizmos, dare
I say, a sports car is used, for, well, sport.

Which doesn't say too much for all those trailer queen show cars.  ;)

Even though the meaning evolves, and cars other than light and
nimble two seaters are used for sport, for me at least the idea
of competition use is fundamental to sports cars.

I don't mean at all to be harsh to all you show car guys out
there.  It's great that folks preserve these things, but sitting
around on a grass field all day isn't what sports cars are built
for.  Well, except maybe a 'B GT rallycross car.  Anybody got a
cheap running 'B GT they want to sell?  :)

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctuary                  http://www.teamsanctuary.com/