Re: MGA Battery conversion

To: <MGS%AUTOX.TEAM.NET@mvdns1.mv.Unisys.COM>
Subject: Re: MGA Battery conversion
From: PHILIPPE TUSLER <TUSLER@mp050.mv.unisys.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 12:55:46 -0800 (PST) (20:55 UT)
>Hi all, Im needing to know if anyone has a good recomendation on which type of
 single 12volt battery will work well as a replacement for the two six. Im not
 concerned with size as im building a new battery box and can enlarge if I need
 to. My concern is the low charging output of the generator, I dont want a
 battery that will force the generator to overload its output to recharge the
 battery. so I asume  it will need to be a fairly low amp battery?
 Sean Muldoon
<58 MGA Roadster

 I'm running a standard series 26 battery in Milou ('57 roadster) with no
problems in seven years.  It fits right in, although I did have to remove
the little 'stabilizer' ridge along the bottom edge of the battery case.
It's the same size I run in Tintin.

*Philippe Tusler - Mission Viejo, CA     | "MILOU"    '57 MGA Roadster *
*                                        | "TINTIN"   '66 MG/MGB-GT    *
*InterNet: Philippe.Tusler@Unisys.Com    |  N/A       '88 ISUZU Trooper*