Re: Engine and Trans For sale, Also engine Swap

To: Mx6perform@aol.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Engine and Trans For sale, Also engine Swap
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 1998 20:22:16 -0500
At 06:07 PM 2/5/98 EST, Mx6perform@aol.com wrote:

>I am planning on doing a very complex engine swap. I am studying installing a

>300ZX turbo engine and trans. I have a few connections on getting the parts I

>need so this will not be as expensive as it sounds. I will probably limit hp

>to 250, I can push the engine to 350hp with a few adjustments, atleast until I

>can make the frame of the MG a bit stronger. *Is there any info out there

>about the correct places to improve the frame so that it will not twist like

>crazy do to the hp.

Pray tell, why the 300ZX turbo engine?

Why not a Rover or Buick V-8 engine?  Just curious as I am going through

the process of spec-ing an engine, tranny, and extras for my '78 B.

Any what about all that emissions control equipment.  I would hardly doubt you

could squeeze all that crap into the bay, and you surely can't just degut the

equipment like you can with a B.  But I am just a newbie to this

engine swap or sex change stuff.

Good luck

Jay

Jurgen Hartwig, Civil Engineering, Georgia Tech

and the world rejoiced

Try to live your life so that

when you die you will rejoice

and the world will cry.