Racing LBC's

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Racing LBC's
From: Chris Delling <saschris@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 14:50:50 -0500
Hello All-

I am interested in club level racing of LBC's, MGB's specifically.

Seems that SCCA racing has become a (relatively) high cost venture,
requiring extensive modifications that result in a non-streetable car
(assuming you want to be anywhere near competetive).

Vintage racing class rules seem to allow a street legal car, with minimal
modifications to remain competetive.  Unfortunately for me, the cut-off
dates for production cars seems to be late 60's/early 70's.  I have a late
70's B.  I am sure no one would seriously argue that the late B's have a
competetive advantage over earlier cars, but this is not taken into
consideration.

Am I missing somthing, or am I just out of luck?

Regards,

Chris Delling