B roadster windshield romoval

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: B roadster windshield romoval
From: Calvin Krug <ckrug@laf.cioe.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 1998 17:31:38 -0500 (EST)
I've been reading all the discussion lately on windshield removal, as I'm
repainting my '79 this winter.  So, today I went out to the garage, armed
with my Haynes manual, pulled the dash, and unbolted the windshield frame.
It wasn't nearly as difficult as I'd imagined it would be.  The toughest
part was removing the upper dash mounting bolts, the one obove the tach was
fun to get access to.  One I figured out that the tach and speedo came out
with a simple twist, that made things a little easier.  The car now looks
pretty sad, no doors, hood, trunklid, or windshield.
One question:  Behind the console, just above where the radio used to be,
there's a large buzzer, with about six wires. Is this the infamous seat
buzzer?  It's never made a sound in the 2 years I've owned the car.  Just
curious.

Calvin Krug
'79 MGB undergoing the automotive equivalent of entropy:  One large,
somewhat useful machine slowly becoming many smaller, less useful pieces.
I hope it's reversible.