Steering shaft bearing. (T series)

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net, British-Cars-Pre-War@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Steering shaft bearing. (T series)
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 1998 11:14:13 -0800 (PST)
Greetings all.

Winter work continues on the TC as I ready her for a fast approaching spring
season.  Yesterday was a beautiful early spring day just made for top down
touring.  Naturally, the day before I'd pulled the carbs off to have them
line bored. Today, thankfully, it's pouring.

The top felt bearing on my TC's steering shaft, the bearing just below the
steering wheel has perished. Horribly.  I believe I have a new felt here
somewhere but I wonder if anyone knows a needle bearing number that will fit
in there.  I've seen the Tompkins kits advertised as including just such a
bearing so I know there's one that'll do.

TIA
Cheers, eh!
  Ross
  `66 GT & `47 TC