Re: Midget gone goofy

To: HLUB34A@aol.com
Subject: Re: Midget gone goofy
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 23:04:06 -0600
Sounds like a vacuum leak. Is the new advance defective?

Plug the port feeding the vacuum advance. Idle different? Acceleration
different?
Advance the timing a few degrees. Running better? If so take a close look at
your
new vacuum advance and the line running to it.

If no change, still sounds like a vacuum leak. Spray WD-40 around the intake
gaskets to see if the idle changes. If so, that's were the leak is. Be careful
about hitting the exhaust manifold. Have fire extinguisher ready, yada, yadda.

--
Bob Allen, Kansas City, '69CGT, '75TR6, '61Elva(?)
"When you suspect carburetion problems, fix the carbs last."