Re: NO LBC -- WAY OFF TOPIC

To: hert@wxs.nl
Subject: Re: NO LBC -- WAY OFF TOPIC
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 10:27:13 EST
On Tue, 10 Feb 1998 09:50:54 +0100 Hert <hert@wxs.nl> writes:
>Teacher122@aol.com wrote:
>><snip>
>
>For many years the Dutch police used to a type of bullet that had
>hardly any stopping power at all. The bullets were small and
>slick, and could easily pass clear through the body. Quite often
>a person who had taken a bullet in the body continued to come
>towards the policeman.
>
>They did a lot of testing, and the police force chose a type of
>bullet that would rip apart an elephant. Parliament then made
>them use an intermediate type in the end.

Probably a good idea,I lived in Holland for about ten months
and was rarely troubled by marauding elephants however I did
lose three car radios. . . "rot verdomme!" I hope the police used the
bullets on
whoever nicked them!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]