RE: GAUAGE HELP PLEASE

To: "ENRIQUE CLAURE" <span@datacom-bo.net>,
Subject: RE: GAUAGE HELP PLEASE
From: "doug russell" <dr-doug@classic.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 98 22:14:49 UT
Enrique,

By face plates do you mean the glass, the bezel (the chrome part) or the face
of the gauge??

The glass face (or is it plastic?) can be reproduced in a number of ways.  Use
the old ones as a template and bring it to a glass shop and see what they have
to offer.  Perhaps this could be a DIY project.  You may also be able to clean
them.  Often what appears to be black gunk like damage around the perimeter to
the face plate can be washed off - although disassembly of bezel and face
plate is required.

The bezel should be available from VB or Moss - I don't have a catalog with me
to confirm this but it sounds like something that should be available.
Alternately, you may want to check with a chroming place to see if it can be
chromed - I dunno, but it may be a possibility.

If it's the gauge face itself - I just dunno.  Replacing the gauge may be the
only solution.

Regarding the oil leak and oil inside the gauge faceplate - that's weird.  I
thought they were electrical.  So I guess I'll have to chime in with another
"dunno".

Let's see, that's three "dunnos", maybe next time I'll save the keystrokes.

Hope this is somewhat helpful.

Dr. Doug