Re: Length of CB MGB

To: bkrueger@ici.net
Subject: Re: Length of CB MGB
From: "Danko Roozemond" <Danko@dutcosi.ct.tudelft.nl>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 10:13:05 +0100
Well I looked in my workshopmanuals, and at the BGT. This is what I found:

Length of a TD: 145 inch, 3.683 meter

Length of a B (with overriders) 12 ft 9 3/16 inch   3.897

Length of a B (wo overriders) 12 ft 8 1/2 inch   3.874

So the two parked litterly bumper to bumper: 3.683 + 3.874 = 7.557 meter

> I just measured to be 24' 3" long (7.32m)

so even without the bumpers (makes twice around 7 or 8 centimeter) you are still
missing some space.

(is it possible to park then a little of center or park them under a liitle edge
(20 degrees ). That may do the trick. Or get all bumpers off all cars, them it
just fits. And on a TD a missing fromtbumper looks cool. The garage where i
sometimes go for spares or work on the car has such a TD. And it looks good.
Otherwise i would just park the B outside for a while.

Or ;) and susan may like this one Buy a midget.

good luck

DAnko

P.s. I was pleased to see that guesses from the top of my head are not that way
off:
> > from the top of my head: A chrome bumper B is a bit shorter the 4 meter. I
> > thought mine (72 BGT ) is 3.89, but thats from the top of my head.

Please feel free to reply to d.roozemond@ct.tudelft.nl
MG TD '53    (to become toy after (DIY) restauration)
FIAT 500 '69 (small, utterly slow : 56 mph max, though good fun to drive)
MG BGT '72   (the real daily driver)