Re: Who's a Tractor?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Who's a Tractor?
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 12:28:58 -0500
Hello Bill and other proud tractor engine owners:

This is just a reminder to all of you that have so-called tractor engines
in your LBCs.  As I have posted on previous occasions, the "tractor" engine
in your Triumph is actually a Standard Vanguard engine - heavily modified
to use in a tractor - which was also slightly modified to use in a TR.  The
Nuffield tractor engines were also modified from the original B series
Austin engine which began in the Austin A40 in '48 and endured to the end
of the MGBs in '80.

The only things that these tractor engines share with our LBC engines are
internals and head design.

John McEwen