Re: wash, clean, polish, wax?

To: Joseph Cianciotti <jmc987@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: wash, clean, polish, wax?
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 02:13:03 -0800
Joseph Cianciotti wrote:

> Finally, a completely beautiful day in San Francisco.  Took out the
> bucket and washed the B. Unfortunately, some of the winter crud didn't
> come off.  (Mostly water spots and oxidized paint.)  I've tried Meguiars
> Body scrub in the past with limited success.  Does anyone have a
> suggestion for a slightly more aggressive cleaning product?

        I've found nice results using good old Turtle Wax.  It seems to be
slightly
more abrasive, and takes water spots and other nasties out of the paint fairly
well.
However, at least once a year, I take my can of Turtle Wax Polishing Compound
and rub
out my vehicles and give them a good wax-over.  You ought to see the shine
right
after I'm done with that - the solid day of buffing and huffing are worth it!
Of
course, my vehicles don't have a garage to protect them, and they need a good,
thorough cleaning once in a while.  A can of polishing compound is pretty handy
keep around anyway.  It does a number on tarnished metals, bugs, and tar, just
to name
a few...
--
Michael S. Lishego