Re[2]: clutch cable problem?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re[2]: clutch cable problem?
From: ame@synaptics.com
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 98 10:58:30 Pst
Hi,

well, the clutch system on a '74 B is hydraulic, so no cables or clamps.  The
first thing to do is check the fluid level in the clutch reservoir (in the
engine compartment immediately above the clutch pedal).  If this is low then top
it up with approved brake fluid (eg. Castrol LMA).  If it goes down again in a
short time then you have a leak: check the bleed nipple on the slave cylinder is
tight, and that there are no leaks from the hydraulic hose or joints.

Another potential cause is that the seals on the master or slave cylinder are
bad, in which case the fluid simply passes by instead of moving the piston.  If
this is the case a rebuild/replacement is in order.

Andy
--
'69 MGB Roadster

ah yes, important info missing: 1974 MGB