Bearing Seal Question - then I'll shut up, maybe...

To: <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Bearing Seal Question - then I'll shut up, maybe...
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 18:55:25 -0600
Listers:
As I'm TRYING to replace the front bearings, the seal that keeps the inners
in just won't budge from the hub! Prying it up with a screwdriver just isn't
doing it. It's stuck!
Is it possible the seal has melted to the hub?
Are there mechanics out there who glue these things in when they install?
I'm faced with picking and slicing the damn thing off with a knife and
pliers, just want some confirmation that this has happened to someone else
before.
TIA

Dan
'73 B